SUSTAINABLE ART CONTEST!
Plants are what make the rest of life possible on Earth. They provide the oxygen we need to breathe, they nourish us, they grace us with their beauty. Plants can help solve many of our most daunting environmental problems. A diet that is whole food and plant-based is healthy and sustainable. It has the lowest carbon footprint and allows more people to eat and be nourished around the world. Trees clean our air and remove CO2. Their shade helps to cool a warming planet. The plants of the ocean, the phytoplankton, produce 70% of the oxygen for the planet. Without plants, we would not be here and we can’t survive without them in the future. Let’s celebrate plants in all of their resplendent glory.
- What: Art pieces incorporating the theme “The Power of Plants!”
- Any size, any medium, made primarily from recycled materials
- Art Drop Off: Administration Building at Oak Park High School between 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. Tuesday, January 20th through Tuesday January 27th (closed Monday Jan. 26)
- Please attach the artist’s name, grade, phone number and school somewhere inconspicuous
- Judging: Artwork will be judged on creativity, originality, quality and clarity of theme and ribbons will be awarded in the following categories:
- Grades K – 5: 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize and honorable mentions
- Grades 6-8: 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize and honorable mentions
- Grades 9-12: 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize and honorable mention
Sponsored by the OPHS Green ClubQuestions? Email Keyla Treitman at email@example.com
- SUPER SATURDAY: See the Art Showcase and more on January 31st from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on the great lawn at Oak Park High School
- Winners announced at 11:30 a.m.
- Pieces can be taken home after the event and those left will be transported to schools of origin for collection by students