OPUSD SUSTAINABILITY FAIR AND RECYCLING EVENT
Saturday January 31st
SUSTAINABILITY SHOWCASE from 10 – 2 pm (OPHS Great Lawn)KIDS WILL ENJOY:
- Solar Car Derby: building starts at 10:00; race at 11:30 -- ideal for 4th-6th graders!
- Captain Carl’s Living Tide Pool
- Wings of Discovery Bird Sanctuary exhibit
- Education in Nature live reptiles, arachnids, insects and a hedgehog!
- Lavendar Wood Farm - live goats to pet, milking and cheese making demos
ADULTS WILL ENJOY:
EVERYONE WILL ENJOY:
- Armstrong Garden Center: organic gardening workshop at 10:30 a.m.
- Plug in America: test drives of the newest electric cars
- Whole Foods: “Grown Responsibly” program and samples
- Enhanced Landscape Management: sustainable landscaping demos
- 2 Eden Landscape Design: vertical gardening ideas
- Triunfo Sanitation: water-wise strategies and giveaways
- Idea to Impact: middle and high school presentations about energy and the environment
- Sustainable Art Showcase/Contest: open to all OPUSD students (click for details)
RECYCLING DRIVE from 9 am – 2 pm (OPHS parking lot)
Did you know all items below should not go to a landfill?
- Electronics (anything with a plug), batteries, and light bulbs
- Clothing / Shoes / Textiles
- Expired / Unwanted Medications and Liquids
- Prescription Eyeglasses and/or cases
- On-Site Paper Shredding (first 5 boxes per car free, $5/box thereafter)
Yalla Truck will be providing a wonderfully new and diverse twist to traditional vegetarian Middle Eastern / Mediterranean foodClick here for details about what is recyclable.
Questions? Email Keyla Treitman at firstname.lastname@example.org