Welcome to Health, a course that will expose the individual student to information needed to help students make positive decisions that deeply affect their lives both today and in the future. The course will stress to students that today’s personal choices exert powerful influences on tomorrow’s health and fitness.
- Health: Making Life Choices, Second Edition
Students are expected to turn in all assignments on time
1) Homework is due at the beginning of the period unless otherwise indicated
2) Routine assignments turned in one class period late will be accepted for half-credit. Assignments turned in more than one class period late will not receive any credit.
3) Assignments that are turned in late due to an absence MUST be marked as such or they will receive only half-credit.
Grading based on the following components measured in points:
1) Journal evaluations
2) Chapter Tests
4) Reading quizzes (every unit)
1) Regular and punctual attendance of all students is expected. I will adhere very closely to all school policies regarding absences, truancies, and tardies. Refer to your student handbook for more information.
2) If you miss a class, it is YOUR responsibility to find out what you missed when you were absent. Find out BEFORE you return to find out what you missed, and have definite plans for how you will catch up.
1) Disrespect for others will not be tolerated
2) No food or drink allowed in the classroom * This includes gum and sports drinks!!!!!!!!!
- Violators will receive a TWO hour !
3) No cheating
4) Be Responsible!!!
I am available each 7th period, please feel free to discuss any matters of importance to you.
Unit 1: “The Slight Edge”
Unit 2: Nutrition and Health
Unit 3: Development
Unit 4: HIV/AIDS
Unit 5: Marriage and Lying/Cheating
Unit 6; Finances
Unit 7: Systems and Turning 18
Assignments must be turned in on time to earn full credit. You will receive half credit for assignments turned in one class period after the due date, and no credit will be given for assignments turned in after this point. If you know you are going to miss class, it is your responsibility to contact me regarding make-up assignments or tests. If you have any questions, please see me.
Tardy Policy: When a student receives four tardies, he or she will be assigned one hour of detention. Another hour of detention will be given for each consecutive tardy.
STUDENTS WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO TAKE MAKE-UP QUIZZES/TESTS IF THEIR ABSENCE ON THE ORIGINAL QUIZ/TEST DAY IS UNEXCUSED.
THERE ARE NO EXCUSES FOR NOT KNOWING TEST DATES. IF YOU ARE PRESENT IN CLASS ON A TEST DAY, YOU MUST TAKE THE TEST. IF YOU ARE ABSENT ON ANY DAYS BEFORE THE TEST, YOU ARE STILL RESPONSIBLE FOR BEING PREPARED AND TAKING THE TEST ON THE ASSIGNED DAY.
In order to maintain a productive and positive classroom environment, all students must observe the following:
1. Come prepared. Make sure to come to class each day with all required materials (notebook, pen, paper, assignments, etc.). Coming unprepared will result in the loss of points.
2. Keep food and drink outside the classroom. Bottled water is OK, but please finish eating/drinking before coming to class. Eating and drinking in class will result in the loss of points.
3. Keep all electronic equipment at home. Electronic devices such as cell phones, iPods, etc. are disruptions in the classroom. If I see or hear them in class, they will be turned over to school administrators.
4. Show courtesy and respect to fellow classmates. This positive behavior will help to ensure a comfortable classroom environment.
5. Come to class on time (I will adhere to the school's policies regarding tardies, absences, and truancies), pay attention, participate, be nice to your teacher, and have fun!