COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COMMITTEE
The mission of the OPUSD Community Engagement Committee is to more fully integrate, give back to and enrich a community that so generously supports the school district.
Since inception they have:
- Produced and delivered a quarterly newsletter to every Oak Park Resident, OPUSD out-of-district family and District Staff.
- Organized and executed Big Sunday Event, Spring 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and currently planning for May 6, 2018.
- Coordinated presentation of Shakespeare by the Sea, summer of 2012 and 2013, in conjunction with Rancho Simi Recreation & Park District.
- Send Welcome Packets to new residents with information about: the district/school sites, Oak Park Education Foundation, local school bond measures. Also, includes an invitation to visit the school sites.
- Implemented a Measure R Presentation and Tour, Spring 2013, hi-lighting facility improvements at the school sites paid for with Measure R and Modernization Funds. A complete PowerPoint presentation is available for viewing on the district website.
- Assisted in communications for Disaster Preparedness Day Fall 2013.
- Coordinated OPUSD’s participation in Operation Gratitude Halloween Candy collection, resulting in a donation of over 900 lbs. of candy to be sent to troops worldwide and local police and fire stations.