OAK PARK UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICTREGISTRATION REQUIREMENTSThe following items are required to complete your child's registration.NEW STUDENT REGISTRATION
- Elementary students must be registered at the school they are assigned to. To find out what elementary school you are assigned to check our School Boundaries.
- Placement for incoming elementary students is dependent upon spaces being available at each elementary school, and we cannot guarantee a student will be placed at their assigned school.
Residency Laws and Documents Needed for Enrollment
- All Oak Park residents have guaranteed enrollment within Oak Park Unified School District.
- Pre-Enrollment Information:
- Please contact your school's Office Manager for information about how to enroll your child(ren) into OPUSD schools.
Proof of Residency:Student(s) must be living at a residence within Oak Park for at least 5 days a week in order to be considered a resident of Oak Park.Lease agreement, escrow papers or property tax bill
One utility bill (not telephone) with Oak Park address on it
California Driver’s License or car insurance bill with Oak Park address on itFor residents who move outside of Oak Park, you are required by law to apply for an Inter-District Permit in order to continue attending Oak Park schools. Approval will be based on availability in the grade level(s) you are requesting.
1. Original or certified copy of birth certificate or any other documents showing date of birth (DK and K students only)
2. Immunization record stamped by the doctor and one photocopy
3. Complete address of former school
4. Most recent report card (if applicable) and one photocopyThe above listed items are all necessary to fully complete your child's registration and your child will not be admitted to school in August unless all items have been submitted. Please note that registration is by appointment only. Please call the school office to schedule an appointment, 818-597-4200