Red Oak Parking Lot Rules
Please share these rules with anyone and everyone that might be dropping off or picking up your child(ren); including babysitters, nannies, grandparents, siblings, etc.
Children’s safety is everyone’s responsibility. The following procedures have been developed to provide a safe and efficient way to get all of our students to and from school safely each day. We thank you now for your cooperation.
Please respect traffic and parking signs surrounding the school. Note that there are “no parking” and “no stopping” zones in front of the school and red curb zones on adjacent streets. In addition, crosswalks and crossing guards should be respected at all times. Please support our parent volunteers and staff. They will be enforcing all rules.
MORNING DROP OFF (7:45am-8:15am)/AFTERNOON PICKUP (ALL TIMES)
- Please do not park in any staff spot
- Speed limit is 5mph in the parking lot
- No cell phone use while driving through parking lot
- Students should exit/enter car without assistance from the driver or passenger. The driver or other passengers may not exit the vehicle in the drop off lane.
- Students should have all belongings (lunch, backpack, umbrellas, etc) in their hands ready to go at drop off. Nothing should be in your trunk
- Students should exit the right side of the vehicle only
- No drop off BEFORE the drop off zone starts (there will be signs)
- You must exit the drop off lane immediately after dropping off or picking up your child(ren). NO PARKING IN THE DROP OFF LANE.
- Do not block crosswalk
IF YOU CAN’T COMPLY WITH THESE DROP OFF/PICK UP GUIDELINES, YOU WILL NEED TO FIND A LEGAL VISITOR SPOT IN THE LOT OR ON THE STREET AND WALK YOUR CHILD(REN) INTO SCHOOL.
**Violators of these traffic safety rules will be warned and reminded by our school personnel. Be advised, the highway patrol makes unannounced checks of the areas as well and will be notified of offenders.