Medea Creek Middle School
New and Returning Medea Creek StudentsAnnual Registration Day is on August 1st
Thursday, August 1st, from 7:30am-11:30 am
Thursday, August 1st, from 1:00pm-5:30 pm
LOCATION: MCMS GYM
Please reserve the early morning for parents who need to get to work
Afternoon lines are typically much shorterMakeup Day on Monday, August 5th, from 10:30 am-Noon. Expect long lines.
Please Bring the Following With You:
- Your Forms (use the checklist below)
- Your Checkbook (there are multiple payees)
- Receipts for Online Payment
- Your Student (student ID photos & photos for the yearbook are also taken that day)
IMPORTANT NOTE FROM THE OFFICE:
- New Students Not Yet Enrolled: Students who are new to the district must be enrolled with the MCMS Registrar, Mrs. Loretta Brown, prior to completing registration. If you are new and have not enrolled, please contact Mrs. Brown at email@example.com before registration.
NEW State Immunization Requirements for 7th grade
- Proof of Tdap Booster - 1 dose: By law, students in grade 7-12 who do not have proof of receiving a Tdap booster shot will not be allowed to attend classes until proof is provided to the school. The tetanus-diphtheria booster shot (Td) will not meet the requirement. There are no extensions or grace periods allowed (Whooping cough booster is usually given at 11 years and up).
- Proof of Varicella (Chickenpox) - 2 doses: Usually given at ages 12 months and 4-6 years.
Class schedules will only be issued to the student or his/her parents.
If you experience technical difficulty in opening a PDF, please wait a few minutes and try again. Sometimes it could also be a browser issue please try a different browser like Mozilla Firefox or Safari. User demand on the forms page is very high during the registration week. Please email Laura Almada at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.Follow Registration Steps Here:
1. MCMS REGISTRATION DAY CHECKLIST
Print and complete by hand as a checklist for turning in the forms in the next section. Parents/Students should bring this checklist to help navigate through MCMS registration.2. 2019-20 Annual Student Forms & Materials Directions
Below you will find the annual forms and materials needed for each student for the 2019-20 school year. Please note the welcome letters, calendars, schedules and other information featured in the "Contents" box at left. The materials below are divided into categories:A. Login to Parent ConnectLogin to Parent Connect and click on Re-Enrollment, complete all sections, complete and print linked forms, and print Re-Enrollment confirmation page that you have completed all sections. All linked forms are in PDF format and you may type information onto each form using Adobe Reader. To help our school office easily read critical contact information please TYPE the information. Thank you for your help. You may save your typed data; simply click on "Save As" to save the form to your desktop. Be sure to use Adobe Reader to type your input and not your computer's "preview" application.**NEW TO OPUSD??? Please follow the Parent Connect Re-Enrollment link below and then click on "Need Your Login Information?" to obtain access.
Parent Connect Re-enrollment (login to Parent Connect) - Mandatory (3 pgs. total) PLEASE TYPE
a. Re-enrollment Confirmation (Mandatory - 1 per student)
b. Health History Form (Mandatory)
c. Medication Authorization (no medication can be administered to a student without this authorization - even over the counter medications)B. ParentSquareALL PARENTS need to complete Form A (and Form B if participating in LTO) for the 1-to-1 Chromebook Program. Please refer to ParentSquare for information and forms. www.parentsquare.comIf you have not yet registered with ParentSquare please reference previous invitation email. If not in your inbox please check your Spam folder.C. Forms to Print and Return
Forms noted as Mandatory must be completed and returned to school (unless online), all others are requested/optional. Help us by typing your input on every form you return, please open the PDF with Adobe Reader (not Preview if you are on a Mac)!
- MCMS Cell Phone & Electronic Device Policy - Mandatory (online submission through ParentSquare); bring a copy of emailed receipt
- MCMS P.E. Uniform/Spirit Wear - Students do not need a new uniform if they already have a uniform from a prior year. Students are not required to purchase the uniform, they may wear a plain navy blue shirt and plain black shorts. If you wish to purchase the uniform, you can do online at this link: PE Uniform Link
- PFA No Frills Donation, Membership, Online Directory, Supplies Donation - Online through ParentSquare
- PFA Volunteer Signup - Online through ParentSquare
- PFA Carpool Information - Online
- Oak Park Education Foundation (OPEF) Donation Form - Your support benefits all OPUSD Schools
- OPIMA Band & Choir Donation - Band and Choir students only: donate online or print and bring a check payable to OPIMA
- ASB PAC (Panther Activity Card) Donation - Print and bring a check payable to MCMS ASB
- MCMS Yearbook - Available for purchase ONLINE only
- MCMS Photo Information - Student ID and yearbook photo taken, check payable to Lifetouch if ordering photos, no charge for ID
- MCMS Join the School Site Council - Election information
- MCMS Cafeteria & Health Menu Information and Free & Reduced Price Meals Application - Submit if needed
- OPUSD Student Injuries and Insurance Form - Submit if needed
Please read these important materials; you do not have to return any documents from this category to school.
Welcome Back To School!
- OPUSD Policy Resource Guide - featuring Parents' Rights & Responsibilities notice, Student Technology Acceptable Use Policy, and Student Health information - Mandatory Please Read!
- OPUSD Social Media Guidelines for Students - Please Read!
- MCMS Student Handbook - Mandatory Please Read! Students, Please Read for important School Policies and Information
- MCMS Parent Handbook
- Camp Medea Flyer - July 31st
- MCMS Optional Student Supply List - by Grade Level
- ALL-IN Health Coverage Options Please Read!
- Club Oak Park - Extended Care Program
- Oak Park Library Information
- Kanan Shuttle Information