September 17, 2019
ATHLETICS THIS WEEK:
Tuesday - Girls' Golf vs. Moorpark at 2
Girls' Volleyball vs. Simi, Varsity at 6, JV at 5 and Frosh at 4
Girls' Tennis at 2:30
Congratulations Lauren Battin, of Girls' Volleyball and Joe Coulter, of Football! Read all about them in the Talon Online!
SWIMMING TEAM INTEREST: If you are interested in being on a swimming team for OPHS, please come to the Athletic Office during nutrition, lunch or period 7 to complete an interest form. Forms will be available until Friday, September 20th.
- Your graduation baby/toddler photo is due to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20th. We need this photo now in order to have enough time to create a beautiful graduation slide show ceremony for you
- Your signature and quote sheet is due to Ms. Rohlfs in G-5 NO LATER than September 20th
- Remind your parents that first round of Senior Personal Ads are due Monday, September 23rd. They can check the PFA’s Newsletter on eNews for details
JUNIORS WITH FREE 5th or 6th: If you are carrying a temporary off campus pass, go to the Student Store to receive your permanent off campus pass.
THE STUDENT STORE will be closed after-school this Thursday and Friday. Please plan ahead.
SATURDAY SCHOOL is September 21st from 8:00am - 12:00 pm in R-17.
COASTAL CLEAN UP DAY is the world’s largest volunteer day to protect our environment. Please join other OPUSD families on Saturday, September 21st from 9:00 am - 12:00 noon, as we clean up the creeks of Oak Park. Stop by Ms. Kokiousis’s room, F-2, to pick up a safety waiver and OPUSD volunteer form. Make sure to bring these forms with you on Saturday, along with a reusable water bottle and sunscreen.
The PSAT will be given on Saturday, October 19th, at 8:00 am. Beginning Monday, September 23rd, the tests may be purchased for $25 in the Student Store. A limited number of tests are available and we will not be able to order more once they are gone.
HOMECOMING DANCE “Enchantment Under the Sea” is Saturday, September 28th, from 7:00pm - 11:00pm in the Gym. Tickets are on sale this week for $35 with an ASB card and $45 without an ASB card at the student store or online at: gofan.co/app/school/CA18962 . Please note:
- You must have your ID card to enter the dance, no exceptions
- If you are taking someone from another school, you must have a completed guest contract with all signatures before buying your tickets
- Tickets WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR
- Student Store Hours: Monday - Friday: Before school (8:00-8:30), nutrition, lunch and after school (2:25 - 3:10)
CHROMEBOOKS: Chromebook Support Center hours for August are: Monday mornings (8-9am), and Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (lunch). The Chromebook Support Center is located in the gym foyer. If your Chromebook needs a technician during non-support hours, please place a HelpDesk ticket (helpdesk.opusd.us) and a technician will look into the issue. We are still working on a system for checking out temporary loaners. In the meantime, each classroom has extra chromebooks for student use.
STUDENT SQUARE: Have you signed-up for StudentSquare - the district's new communication platform? If not, please check your school email for an invitation to activate your account. Or, download the StudentSquare app on your phone, and sign in with your school email address and password.
The OPHS Literary Arts Club is proud to announce its 3rd edition of Veritas on sale now in the student store! This edition is full of excellent creative writing pieces including several poignant selections on the tragedies of last year. Please get your copy now and help support our club!
College & Career Center Updates:
- Job Opportunity at Mathnasium, The Math Learning Center, in Westlake Village is looking for highly qualified individuals to work part-time as Math Instructors. Instructors work 6-8 hours each week on weekday afternoons, and are paid $13.25 to $15 per hour. Applicants must be Juniors and above, have completed Algebra II and have excellent math grades. Candidates with tutoring experience, or those that have worked with children previously, are preferred. If you are interested, please email a resume and unofficial transcript to email@example.com.
- Community Service Opportunity at Mathnasium, The Math Learning Center, hosts Math Nights at local elementary schools 6-8 times each year, and is seeking volunteers that are interested in helping with the event. The events are generally held from 5:30 to 8:30pm on weekday evenings. If you are interested in volunteering at an upcoming Math Night, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agoura Kumon Learning Center is always looking for grading assistants interested in working with children. Requirements include organizational skills, math and reading proficiency, and strong communication skills for interactions with students as well as the instructor. Our class hours are Mon, Tues, and Fri afternoons from 3 - 7 PM. Interested students who can work for at least 6 months on one or more afternoons weekly please call 818-519-8438 or email email@example.com. Working hours may be adjusted to accommodate your schedule.
Tuesday - Girls' Golf at 12:30
Girls' Varsity and JV Tennis at 1:05