Homework PolicyHomework will be sent home nightly. It is your child’s responsibility to write down the homework in his/her student planner everyday before the end of school. I allot plenty of time during the school day to write down homework and pack up the necessary materials for homework. The 4th Grade policy is that the students will have no more than 30 minutes of homework in each subject area nightly. Occasionally, there may be an exception, but generally this will be the quota. In addition to your child’s daily assigned homework, he or she should be reading their independent reading book each night. If needed, it is a good idea to brush up on math facts along with regular math homework.
Any written communication between parent and teacher should be done via e-mail.Your child will be responsible to turn in homework to the teacher on the due date. Please help us to be sure that your child understands that homework is his or her own responsibility,including completion and turning it in! In addition, there will be specific projects; which will be assigned throughout the year. Please help your child learn time management in order to complete long-term projects in a timely manner. Please refer to the Homework Policy in our School Handbook for additional information.
Thank you in advance for your support in regards to the homework policies.Sincerely,
The Fourth Grade Team
How to Complete Homework Independently and on Time
- Come home and play/relax/snack for a short while.
- Start homework at the same set time each day in the same quiet place
- Set up shop (take out all items needed to complete homework).
- Start with the most difficult assignment.
- Take a short break in the middle of homework, if needed.
- Put completed work back in folder, back in the backpack and place backpack in same "ready to go" area.