September 12, 2019
ATHLETICS THIS WEEK:
Thursday - Girls' Golf vs. Royal at 3:15
Girls' Tennis @ Malibu
Girls' Volleyball vs. Grace Brethren, JV at 4, Varsity at 5
Friday - Football at Channel Islands, Varsity at 4, and JV at 7
Monday - Girls' Tennis vs. Calabasas
- Your graduation baby/toddler photo is due to email@example.com by September 20th. We need this photo now in order to have enough time to create a beautiful graduation slide show ceremony for you
- Your signature and quote sheet is due to Ms. Rohlfs in G-5 NO LATER than September 20th
- Remind your parents that first round of Senior Personal Ads are due Monday, September 23rd. They can check the PFA’s Newsletter on eNews for details
TO ALL STUDENTS: The Oak Park Library is off-limits to students at lunchtime.
JUNIORS WITH FREE 5th or 6th: If you are carrying a temporary off campus pass, go to the Student Store to receive your permanent off campus pass.
HOMECOMING DANCE: Are you planning on going to the Homecoming Dance on Saturday, September 28 with someone from another school? Stop by the student store to pick up a guest contract.
CHROMEBOOKS: Chromebook Support Center hours for August are: Monday mornings (8-9am), and Tuesday, Thursday & Friday (lunch). The Chromebook Support Center is located in the gym foyer. If your Chromebook needs a technician during non-support hours, please place a HelpDesk ticket (helpdesk.opusd.us) and a technician will look into the issue. We are still working on a system for checking out temporary loaners. In the meantime, each classroom has extra chromebooks for student use.
STUDENT SQUARE: Have you signed-up for StudentSquare - the district's new communication platform? If not, please check your school email for an invitation to activate your account. Or, download the StudentSquare app on your phone, and sign in with your school email address and password.
The OPHS Literary Arts Club is proud to announce its 3rd edition of Veritas on sale now in the student store! This edition is full of excellent creative writing pieces including several poignant selections on the tragedies of last year. Please get your copy now and help support our club!
SEPTEMBER IS SICKLE CELL AWARENESS MONTH - Students are invited to join us in celebration of Luc Bodden's life on Friday, September 13th in front of the gym during lunch time. Author and former OPHS Basketball player JD Slajchert, will be on campus with copies of his book MoonFlower for purchase. In honor of Luc's incredible strength and admirable personal qualities, this year's theme is GRATITUDE. Bracelets honoring Luc will be available for all students at lunch.
College & Career Center Updates:
- Job Opportunity at Mathnasium, The Math Learning Center, in Westlake Village is looking for highly qualified individuals to work part-time as Math Instructors. Instructors work 6-8 hours each week on weekday afternoons, and are paid $13.25 to $15 per hour. Applicants must be Juniors and above, have completed Algebra II and have excellent math grades. Candidates with tutoring experience, or those that have worked with children previously, are preferred. If you are interested, please email a resume and unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Service Opportunity at Mathnasium, The Math Learning Center, hosts Math Nights at local elementary schools 6-8 times each year, and is seeking volunteers that are interested in helping with the event. The events are generally held from 5:30 to 8:30pm on weekday evenings. If you are interested in volunteering at an upcoming Math Night, please email us at email@example.com.
- Agoura Kumon Learning Center is always looking for grading assistants interested in working with children. Requirements include organizational skills, math and reading proficiency, and strong communication skills for interactions with students as well as the instructor. Our class hours are Mon, Tues, and Fri afternoons from 3 - 7 PM. Interested students who can work for at least 6 months on one or more afternoons weekly please call 818-519-8438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Working hours may be adjusted to accommodate your schedule.
Thursday - Girls' Golf at 1:30
Girls' Varsity and JV Tennis at 1:15
Friday - JV Football at 1:30
Cheer at 1:30
Monday - Girls' Varsity Tennis at 1:45