Appearance and Dress
· Wearing of a color, style, or item of clothing, a particular hair style or jewelry, and symbols of identification associated with gangs, profanity, pornography, alcohol, cigarettes, or illegal substances are not allowed.
· Students may not wear outfits with tube tops or bare midriffs, with exposed underwear, undershirts, or other forms of undergarments, nor with pants that drop below the waistband of their undergarments. Girls are cautioned that backless or low-cut tops will not be permitted. Boys may not wear tank tops.
· Any faculty or staff member may require that a student remove his/her hat while inside classrooms or school buildings.
· For reasons of safety, no chains, including wallet-chains, are allowed.
· For reasons of safety, students will not be permitted to attend school in bare feet and must wear sandals or shoes.
· For reasons of safety, students must wear protective glasses while working at or in the vicinity of machinery or power-driven equipment; students must wear clothing deemed appropriate and safe by the shop instructor, and students with long hair must wear hair covering.
· For reasons of safety, students must wear protective gear when deemed appropriate by the science instructor.
· The principal and staff of the school may establish reasonable additional regulations regarding student appearance and attire to be required of students who voluntarily engage in extracurricular or other special activities, including school dances.