The mission of the OPUSD Community Outreach Committee is to more fully integrate, give back to and enrich a community that so generously supports the school district.
Since inception they have:
- Produced and delivered a quarterly newsletter to every Oak
Park Resident, OPUSD out-of-district family and District Staff.
- Organized and executed Big Sunday Event, Spring 2012, 2013,
2014, 2015 and currently planning for May 1, 2016.
- Coordinated presentation of Shakespeare by the Sea, summer
of 2012 and 2013, in conjunction with Rancho Simi Recreation & Park
- Send Welcome Packets to new residents with information
about: the district/school sites, Friends of Oak Park Schools, the Parcel Tax
and local school bond measures. Also includes an invitation to visit the
- Implemented a Measure R Presentation and Tour, Spring 2013,
hi-lighting facility improvements at the school sites paid for with Measure R
and Modernization Funds. A complete PowerPoint presentation is available
for viewing on the district website.
- Assisted in communications for Disaster Preparedness Day
- Coordinated OPUSD’s participation in Operation Gratitude
Halloween Candy collection, resulting in donation of over 900 lbs. of candy to
be sent to troops worldwide and local police and fire stations this year alone.